What I'm Sippin'

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Having a Garage Sale - Are We Really Those People?

Okay, so after moving we realized we had a lot of stuff from the old house (and the house before that) that doesn't really have a home here in the new place. I must admit that I contribute to this problem more so than Matt does. I'm constantly finding things that I think will be oh-so-cute in this room, or "if we could just paint this it would be great there". Well, 90% of the time it just ends up sitting in a closet or in the garage. This drives Matt up the wall. It takes me a long time to decide how I want a room arranged and I'm kind of a commit-a-phobe when it comes to hanging things on the wall.

Our neighborhood is having a community garage sale and we have heard from several people that it is a big draw. We usually just load up the car and take our stuff to Goodwill, but after some talking (and some major persuasion of Matt - he was not psyched at all) we decided to join the neighbors and do our very first garage sale. We are venturing into an arena we are not familiar with at all, but we hope we have a good experience and we can make some money too!

I must say though that we are getting a little annoyed that the HOA keeps changing the date. We've been pretty well set up and ready to go for 2 weeks and they've changed the dates twice now. Last week we had no idea why it was pushed to this Sat and yesterday we got home from work and BAM, it's changed to next Sat because there were people that didn't want to do it because this weekend is going to be colder than usual. Make Up Your Minds!!

So, while we wait for the garage sale to actually happen, here's an idea of what our garage currently looks like. Oh and FYI, I think the only motivation Matt has to do this sale is so that he can finally park his car in the garage too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE NASHVILLE WATSONS