What I'm Sippin'

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Playoffs - They're Everywhere!

April and May have been 24/7 Hockey in this house. The aside from it being playoff season for the NHL, the Nashville Predators managed to get themselves into the playoffs. That means, at least one of our TV's is on hockey all the time {well, and Bravo too, seriously - I have an addiction}.

On top of the real playoffs going on, Matt's hockey league was soon coming to a close. His team, The Predators {yep, not making this up} had also made their way to the playoffs as well and he was so excited. Now, I have to admit, I had not gone to any of the games so far in the season. They are typically later on Sunday nights and at inconvenient times. Another thing I hate about playoff hockey - playoff beards!
Seriously, Matt grows a gross beard. I love him, but facial hair just isn't a good look on him. No matter how long he grows it out for, it still NEVER fills in. It's always patchy, prickly and multi-colored. Just all around bad!

But, since the hubbs was in the playoffs, I of course came out to show my support. I went to the first  quarter-final game which they won 4-3 over the Dark Knights. He also got a little award and recognized as the Best Offensive Player. Very proud!

Then it was off to the semi-finals. They won 9-7 against Possum. Matt scored a Hat Trick (3 goals) and 2 assists. I unfortunately was not at this game because it was so late, but I knew they were win!

Finally, the Championship. Best 2 out of 3. Game 1 they won 2-1 over the Broadway Bullies. Game 2 they lost 7-5. So Game 3 was all or nothing. The guys played so hard and game out with a win 8-3. They were on fire!!

The Nashville Men's Hockey League CHAMPIONS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE NASHVILLE WATSONS