What I'm Sippin'

Monday, May 23, 2011

Easter

I'm mad at myself that I've sat around and taken so much time to get caught up on my posts. Easter was a month ago and I'm just now posting our pictures.

Even thought it's just Matt and I for most holidays, including Easter, we still like to do something to make the day different and special. We have been trying to be good and watch we we've been eating and be healthy. But, I have to admit, my favorite candy holiday is Easter - by far. I would give up Halloween if it meant 2 Easters. I love all Easter candy!

The closer Sunday got and the more I saw all that delicious Easter candy in the stores, it was making me depressed. So, Matt and I decided to make a duo basket, complete with treats we both enjoy. But the catch had to be that we could only get "mini" or "single serving" items. That way, once the day was over, there were no reminders of our naughty candy behavior.

My friend Nikki and her friends were so nice to invite Matt and I to a "lonely kids" Easter Brunch. It was a little gathering of Nashville friends that weren't able to be with their families for the holidays. It was so nice to get together and have a yummy meal. And the Mimosas and Sangria weren't bad either - a lot better than the Koolaide we got at the kids table at grandma's house!!

And of course I made Matt and the baby take a little Easter family picture.

Then it was time for some play in the nice weather we were blessed with for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE NASHVILLE WATSONS