What I'm Sippin'

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How Was I to Know - that it was Reba!

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned the big 26! It was a great day. Went to work where I was greeted by balloons, flowers presents and welcoming faces. Lots of phone calls throughout the day full of birthday wishes. Lunch with the girls and my boss, who treated, then a yummy cake for all the Kirkland's gang.

When I got home Matt surprised me with a lovely card and 2 bottles of fabulous wine.
{all my nice cards and b-day gifts}

Then it was off to dinner at Eastland Cafe. It was one of the few places in town neither of us had been to. We had a wonderful corner window table with a perfect view of the entire restaurant. Granted, Eastland is no bigger than our house, it is a great space. We sit down, order our drinks and start looking over the menu. I look over to my left and the lady at the table to our left. I thought, "hm, she's a very pretty lady". Then she turned to the side and then I thought to myself, "hmmm, that lady looks like Reba McIntire". Then she opened her mouth and spoke and I thought to myself, "O-M-G!!!! THAT'S REBA MCINTIRE!!!!!!".

After confirming with the waiter that I was indeed NOT going crazy, we sat in awe... we were sitting next to Reba in a restaurant for my birthday dinner. Now, here in Nashville there is an unwritten code of conduct that people/fans do not in general both celebrities. It's one place they can just blend in and be normal. So, in line with the code, nobody was bothering her. Even though I wanted to, I didn't bother her either.

However, I did go to the ladies room at the same time she did and was lucky enough to stand behind her and also be handed off the door from her as she said to me, "pardon me, here you go". AHHHH!!!!

Dinner was delicious and then it was time to go. We all just so happened to leave at the same time. AHHHH!! It was a serious sighting.

We came home, had some cake and then went to bed.
{Reba & I having a glass of bubbly}

{Reba & I blowing out my candles! She sang to me!!}


I'm maintaining that this was the best/memorable birthday I've had thus far in 26 years. Thank you to everyone that helped to make my day very special!!!

XO

1 comment:

  1. You are a Scorpio [scorpio horoscope ] and you are so blessed and lucky to have amazing and wonderful people around you and being able to spend your very special day with them. Thats the most important above all! Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete

THE NASHVILLE WATSONS