What I'm Sippin'

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What I'm Loving - Primer

I know your natural thought process is leading you to think about paint primer and Home Depot, but this post has absolutely nothing to do with painting the house. I have recently fell in love! Not sure if Matt knows yet, but something tells me he will soon. Hopefully he will be okay with my new found partner...

If you haven't guessed yet, it's makeup primer. Up until just a very few months ago, if you said the words makeup primer I would have shook my head in agreeance and then thought to myself "are they talking about moisterizer?". Why did my mother never tell me about this wonderous beauty secret? Why do fashion magazines and pop culture television not educate us more on this subject? Why am I 25 and just now finding about this?? On to the present now...

I have never had what most people would consider to be good skin. It's very uneven in tone, I have frequent breakouts (yes, I'm 25 and they still have not gone away), I get oily in my T-zone, and I do have what I think is bad pores also in my T-zone. Quick backstory on the pores. I used to be a fairly freckley child throughout my face. One day in college I just woke up and bam, they were gone. However, in their absense, they seem to have left these pores I battle these days. That's probably not what actually/biologically happened, but that's what I think happened, and that's really all that matters, right?

And on to the miracle worker - the primer. Here is what I'm loving now. They work so well. They fill in every pore, line, wrinkle... you name it. They go on so smooth and velvety. It evens skin tone and helps your makeup stay on longer during the day. I use it everyday and will never go without it again. Here are my 2 favorites. You can find them at Target, Walgreens, CVS, Wal-Mart maybe. They are a little on the pricey side for the size, but so worth it. And you only use a small amount so it should last you for a while.


1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA. How is it that you're just discovering makeup primer? I've known about it for forever, but have never felt a need to use it.

    ReplyDelete

THE NASHVILLE WATSONS