What I'm Sippin'

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Matt's Birthday

Matt's 36th birthday was Tuesday. I tried to think of something interesting to do, but couldn't really think of much. The only thing was that I maybe had to be out of town for work on his birthday. That fell thru, but I never told him so that I could create a surprise.

The morning of his birthday after he left for work I hid clues around the house to send him on a scavengar hunt for his present. At the end I would be there with his present and them we'd go out for the night. He was depressed all day thinking he would be by himself.

When he got home from work {unbeknown to me} the carbon monoxide alarm was going off, he missed the first and second clues, he thought Sophie was missing, he was on the phone with his dad and just other non-sense. All the while I was waiting outside by the mailbox waiting for him... in 22 degree weather... COLD! It took what seemed like forever. I finally called him after a while and was like, "have you found the clues?" and he was like, "yeah, I found a few, but I have other stuff to do so I'll finish it later". UGH! I strongly urged him to finish to which he replied "it's my birthday, don't yell at me!". I'M FREEZING!!!

Long, Long, Long story short, Matt kind of ruined his birthday surprise and all my planning for undone. I told him I'm never planning a surprise for him again! We managed to salvage the evening and went out for a nice dinner. He enjoyed all his nice cards, phone calls and presents. The furry girls were excited it was his birthday too.
{yes, I make Matt do pictures!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE NASHVILLE WATSONS