What I'm Sippin'

Monday, February 14, 2011

Why Doesn't GNC Sell Willpower?

weight scale
As you read here I am on a mission to eat better, loose some a lot of weight, and become a generally healthier person. The mission starts 2/15/2011. I am excited, but very anxious this is going to be like all the other times - start out strong, then fizzle after a week.

For me I think the old adage is true - it will take a village! I have absolutely no willpower. If something gets the least bit hard, something looks at all yummy or I'm just a tad tired - that's it, I'm done. I really do want to change. I think the key is keeping up consistent behavior and soon enough my brain and body will be trained.

Matt is helping me and trying to do stuff along with me. He however is doing a mass gaining program, but the upside is that we will be able to work out together 3 times a week and for the most part we will be eating the same food, him just much more.

So here are the details:
Diet - 1600 calories a day, eating 6 meals a day, 3 of which are protein drinks
no processed or packaged foods
3 food meals: egg white + fruit
                       4oz. protein(chicken, turkey or fish) + veggies
                       4oz. protein(chicken, turkey or fish) + veggies

Exercise - Cardio 3-4 days a week for 45 minutes
                 Weight Train 3 days a week (upper, middle and lower body)
                 *Matt & I will do these together
                  Rest 1 day a week

I've done all the humiliating pre-program tasks:
  • weighed myself and calculated my BMI - FYI, not a fun moment
  • took down all my measurements
  • took a before picture and posted it in our closet - again, this was not a good moment for me. Apparently I learned that I see myself differently than I actually look. MY GOD, I could patent my beer goggles!!
I know this won't be easy or quick. My goal is to just do it and let it work. My biggest issue is the lack of willpower and follow-thru. I will need all the help I can get! While I'm not a secure enough person to post my weight or measurements, I do hope to check in and update any lbs. and/or inches lost.

Any motivation and encouragement will definitely be welcome!! WISH ME LUCK :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE NASHVILLE WATSONS