What I'm Sippin'

Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Year, New Look

This post is coming about a month and 6 days too late, but seriously, I felt like I was gone the whole month of January.

We ushered in the new year on Jan 1st, but for some reason it didn't feel very final. I've decided that I've gotten too accustomed to operating on my work fiscal calendar where the new year doesn't start until Feb 1st. So, in true lazy Erin fashion, I started my new year and all the resolutions that come along with it on Feb 1st!

First, I hope everyone has noticed that the blog got a teeny face lift this weekend. One of my resolutions was to learn more feature and abilities for my blog. I have design envy of so many of my favorite blogs. I know content is the most important, but lets face it, it's nice to look on the outside too! I would love to design a cool banner, but it looks like I'd either have to have photoshop or have one graphically designed. Sorry, but this is one of the few things in life that's free entertainment for me, so I may to forgo the coolness until I can figure out an alternative option.

Aside from the blog specifically, here is a little list of things I'd like to accomplish in 2011 {and Jan of 2012 too!}. Letterman style, here's the year's Top 10 List:
  1. Become a more healthy person. This involves it all from eating better to exercising more. Cooking more healthfully and less southern comfort food {sorry Mama Pye}.
  2. Watch less TV. Hopefully be a direct result of goal #1, but it is something I want to do. I have too many shows I am addicted to and this has just resulted in a codependent relationship with our couch.
  3. Help out more around the house. If you know me, you know I HATE to clean. Matt does most of the tidying up, dishes, laundry, etc., and it's only fair that I help out more.
  4. Save more money. We are already working towards this goal. We have started the process of refinancing our house and should close this month. That will save us about $200/month on our mortgage. Before Christmas I got a wonderful promotion at work. So, seriously - no more excuses.
  5. Get back on track with our house projects. We still have 2 big projects on the list: Kitchen and both Bathrooms. Plus, our bedroom is in need of a makeover.
  6. Pay off credit card - enough said!!
  7. Explore More. From Nashville and beyond, I want to get out, go and do more.
  8. Read More. Seriously, it's embarrassing how little I read.
  9. Take REAL vacation time. This does not include going back home to Walterboro. Matt and I only get 10 vacation days a year. Going back to our parent's small town does not a vacation make!
  10. Step into 2011. This may seem a little vague, but Matt and I are so behind the times for technology. I want an iphone and an ipad. Hopefully lots of people will rush out to Kirkland's and find themselves in desperate need of new mirrors {among lots of other decor items} and I can treat myself to some technology! Or maybe the birthday fairy and Santa Claus will think I've been an extra good girl!
So, there it is, the top 10. I'm hoping to remember to do a 6month update in Aug to see where I am on my list.

Wish Me Luck!!

1 comment:

THE NASHVILLE WATSONS